Posts

Showing posts from October, 2019

"Something went wrong" when configuring Outlook

Image
Just had an issue where new Outlook profile creation would fail on a machine.

Autodiscover was configured correctly and working, but new profile creations would fail. The error below would show up every time.

Something went wrong.

Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't setup your account. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact your email administrator.
Eventually I noticed that the login prompt window was appearing for a fraction of a second and then disappearing.

I set the registry key below, restarted Outlook and I was able to get the auth prompt which allowed the profile to get created.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
DisableADALatopWAMOverride = dword:00000001

One the profile is created you can delete the reg key since the account is already authenticated. I have also used this reg key to activate office when it shows similar symptoms (login prompt appears for a split second then disappears). Enabling this key may or may not break…